It’s no coincidence that every Hollywood celebrity just happens to have perfect glowing white teeth. The truth is, if it weren’t for teeth whitening, we’d never see these smiles (at least not as white as they are). Celebrities still drink coffee, tea, wine, and indulge in sweets every now and then leaving them with stained, yellowing teeth. While some of them can afford and opt for the high-end laser treatments and professional whitening care, others have their own methods of teeth whitening. Here’s a list of our top 5 tips to get your own celebrity smile right at home!
- Proper Hygiene – We’re not asking you to give up your morning cup (or 5) of coffee, but it’s extremely important to brush after consuming dark-colored, teeth staining beverages and floss and brush after meals. This helps reduce plaque build up and limits the time these foods have to settle and fully stain your teeth.
- Straws – This is an easy way to limit what liquids your teeth are exposed to. While this might not be the classiest way to drink a glass of wine with your friends, it’s an easy way to limit the amount of sugar and coloring exposed directly to your teeth from sodas and soft drinks.
- Diet – This is an easy way to maintain and even whiten your smile. Fruits and veggies aren’t just great for your waistline, they’re full of enzymes that fight plaque and bacteria, leaving you with a fresh, clean smile. You can also try your own food-based or homemade concoctions using known whitening agents like baking soda, lemon, strawberries, etc. Just test out what works best for your teeth.
- Crest Whitestrips – Rarely will you find a celebrity that HASN’T tried Crest Whitestrips. They’re perfect to take with you on the go – flights, meetings, photo shoots, you name it! They work in as little as one treatment and applied for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. You can buy them online from Cali White from anywhere in the world. Check out some of their other great whitening kits and products while you’re there.
- Professional Help – We left this one as a last resort because not everyone likes to or can afford to go to the dentist when they need a whitening touch up, but sometimes seeking professional help is the best option when nothing else will do. Ask your dentist about options like cosmetic laser treatment, bleaching trays, and even veneers.
Nora Abbas is a former dental hygienist, turned writer & ambassador for Cali White who believes in the importance of oral care. When she’s not helping others to care for their smile, she’s playing with her cute Labrador and cooking up a storm in the kitchen.